An inside look at how life is seen by me. You never really know what I'll think of, or why for that matter. But there's usually a rhyme and reason for it, usually.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Abba....What's the deal?

Be all my hopes, be all my dreams. You're my delight, my EVERYTHING. And I will worship You Lord, only You Lord.... And It's just You and me here now, only You and me here now.
This has been so true for me. I find that this little adventure called life continually becomes more and more difficult as time goes on. And in my most recent of months, I've been constantly contemplating all the events that have happened in my ever so short 15 years God has presented me so far.

This year more than ever, I've found myself scrambling to find a foothold, bouncing around spiritually, emotionally, and physically (the ever so draining cutting of weight), all the while questioning the very basis in which I live my life-my faith. I was at my all time lowest point, and fealt absolutely horrible earlier this year. And life just seemed to keep on trucking over and over, each impact worse than the last. Why was I being shaken? Why was I loosing faith? These demons haunted my mind all the more day after day.
I have always been raised in believing that Jesus is the Lord, and I have always accepted that He watches out for me. But to say that I didn't forget these essential bits of knowledge would be a flat out lie. During these un-earthly hardships, I decided that I was screwed....And a fool that made me.

During my time that I would like to label as "Sean's Journey as an Idiot" I was given exactly the one thing I had feared to loose-time. I evalutated everything that had happened, and tried to understand why it happened. And after this element of backtracking, I finally realized that the very root of my suppossed "missfortunes" were in fact, homemade. God had never left me. He was, and still is my Abba.
And I'll tell you, one month of living with all that selfish crap was intollerable for me. How could I have ever been so blind to the obvious facts that my life wasn't bad at all, in fact, I had no scratches worth note compared to others'. I have a loving family, I found an awesome church, I have great friends, and most of all, I found growth.
So to truely answer the question known as "Why?" I'd have to be God Himself. So in this everlonging expedition driven by God's compassion, I will continually ask myself "Why?". And I will continually be reminded of the fact that I didn't created the universe. So I'll have to retort to that question with "Why not?".

I'm not sure where I'm ultimately going to end up in life. But I know that wherever it is my Abba (litteral Arab translation for daddy-and yes, I call God Daddy) still understands me, and knows best. And knowing that is such a joy. For my passion for it all as been excellerated and I have found comfort in my Abba.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very true and very personal. I could go on and on about my thoughts on this, but I would just be repeating. Seanzy- you really hit the nail on the head here. I definately have a large share of those "Adventures of an Idiot Named Colin" moments, and can see where you're coming from here. You know, you've inspired me here. I haven't really posted much relating to faith on my blog, but I've been wanting to for a while. So I'm going to try to post something that God has revealed to me every week on there. Okay, so nobody ever reads my blog, but that doesn't matter to me as long as something important to me is on it. Who knows, if you, Jake and I get enough hits on our blogs, maybe we can take over the world! Or perhaps we'll just have to sit back and watch God change a few hearts. Ah, the convenience and vast uses of the internet. Sorry for the rambling but I'm through now. Deep stuff man, but very practical- I'm liking it.

8:44 PM

 
Blogger Jake said...

That is very cool Sean. I think it is the coolest thing in the world to have the Sovereign, King and God of All Creation, the Knower-of-all-things, My Savior and Father walking beside me and giving me strength, and also to have His promise "I will never leave you, nor will I ever forsake you." I have stoped asking why and started asking what. What are you trying to teach me?

4:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home