An inside look at how life is seen by me. You never really know what I'll think of, or why for that matter. But there's usually a rhyme and reason for it, usually.

Monday, September 04, 2006

A Sitcom this Life is Not

Currently I've found myself in a constant series of thinking, a good trait you can be sure. I suppose this was brought about by the recent advancements in my book and also in Box's latest series. I have been evaluating where I stand as a Christian, and the very setting of which I am placed. As of late the God has given me a truth that is "up in my face", I'm no longer protected from what the vicious world.

I say this as though it's a surpsise to me, for quite frankly it is. I've indulged the idea that life was still being spoon-fed to me and that there was no reason to look at the scenerio seriously, but that's obviously not the truth. It was only a week or so ago when two of my buddies from our little inner-circle at school spoke of going off and joining in a very distasteful act (due to the age of some of the readers, I will not inform you with this) and all the sudden it hit me...I'm growing up, and this is what the world is really like.

The points that Jake has brought up these past two weeks have been dead-on to what I've been experiencing and felt. So with that, I've spent the past week in my quiet time talking with God about whether or not I am where I should be in the influence of my friends. The shamed asnwer is that I could be doing better. I could always be doing better, yet for some reason I pretend things aren't as they seem and that everything will get better within 30 minutes just like in 'The Brady Bunch' or 'Happy Days'. These fantacies have been casted aside over the last few days, and I've all the sudden realized the amount of responcibility that God has placed before me. Guys, there's no way around it, I have a ministry in the lives of the people at James Bowie High School and I just couldn't call myself a Christian if I didn't take the oppurtunities God has placed before me.

I'm sorry for the serious tone but this is something that has been layed upon my heart. However I promise you the next one is going to be a lot funnier and brighter, so look forward to that one. Until next time guys, take to heart what Box is saying, I know he's a wierd guy and sometimes he sings kinda funny too, but God's giving him some good stuff. Alright, that's it for right now, take care.

6 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

I am still laughing about the ending of that post. I am sorry little choir boy that I don't have the voice of an angel. That is what we have you around for. Anyway, I think what you said was awesome. I am glad to see that you are getting it. My prayer is that and the others that God really lays this on would lead our youth group in what it looks like to reach their friends and even their schools while at the same time staying grounded in their relationship with God. Influencing without being influenced. I have been praying that specifically for you and will continue to do so. So yeah, it is good to see that you are rolling around with this. I'll try to sing softer next week, but no promises.
- Box

9:16 AM

 
Blogger Jonathan said...

You sure can write alot of stuff Sean!!!!

7:04 PM

 
Blogger Jake said...

Hey man, if you can't tell us your 'for real' thoughts, and be serious sometimes, then what kind of friends would we be? Not good ones any way. But about the world being up in your face, I know how you feel. I think it's weird sometimes to realize I am my own person. In that whole belonging-to-God-and-parrents-untill-I'm-18 kind of own person. But I think it's also very eye-opening getting slapped in the face with the world's depravity. Eye opening is a good thing, shocking, but a good thing, because I think it helps us appreciate what we are as New Creatures (Saints, if you will), and also I think it helps us see just how much our Messiah died for, which is quite a bit, for the understatement of the century. Ok, thats my comment...

5:55 PM

 
Blogger Jonathan said...

I would just like to ask everyone to look at the new link on my blog in the links sidebar. I think that you will all enjoy this!!!

6:29 PM

 
Blogger Jonathan said...

Did you figure out how to do the poll all by yourself? Wow!!!!

7:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sean. you are amazing. :]

3:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home