An inside look at how life is seen by me. You never really know what I'll think of, or why for that matter. But there's usually a rhyme and reason for it, usually.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Serventhood: A Humble Way of Saying "God Loves You"

Well I feel that the time is adequate to update y'all with the details of my life. So in saying that, the biggest thing to mention is that I'm in a world of stress for the moment. I realize this won't be a factor for very long and that in no-time I'll be back to my typical Seanzy self, but I just ask that for the moment you'd pray for me this week.

I really don't feel it's necessary for me to tell you my issues and that's okay for I know God's got it under control. I will tell you though that the enemy is relentless and is using not only my past, but issues of the present to try and break me down. I accept this challenge knowing that it won't work this time for God is too good to me and has been awesome keeping me positive. None the less, a little prayer goes a long way.

Having said that, I'd like to bring you up to date with a slightly brighter reflection of the week which was great in that I was able to serve someone else. The best part was being able to serve alongside a few of my Christian brothers/sisters/friends and showing God's love. Spending a few days at Bowie and Small wasn't just rewarding in the fact that I was able to select the exact location of my locker for the upcoming year, but also in that when you serve others you are left with a humbled feeling of pride. A confusing concept I know, but bear with me here. Humble in that you've lowered yourself for the benefit of those who normally you wouldn't go out of your way for if you weren't a Christian, and proud in that you are apart of the greatest love story ever told: God's love for all.

There were times this week when I wanted to snap and chew people out for the smallest things, and sadly I feel as though I succumbed to some of that anger, but for the most part, many of y'all were there to keep it positive and uplifting in the way Christian brothers and sister would do such a thing. I love all of you guys and I just wanted y'all to know how much your sense of humor, guidance, patience, and love means to me. Simple as that.

It's interesting going back to school. I'm not extremely enthusiastic about it, but at the same time I am anticipating it. For the first time since I can remember, I have a real drive to try and succeed when it comes to grades and school in general. But it doesn't just stop there, also, I'm excited and ready to go out and take all the opportunities God lays before me to spread His love and His good news. But before all of that I have to finish reading this book for school.

Closing thoughts: To all of you, my brothers and sisters in Christ, you are all amazing, and let God bless you throughout this week. I love y'all.

p.s. A little treat for your viewing pleasure...Now who does Eric remind you of?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

You write alot in one post Sean. Wow....

~Jonathan

(That was a complement BTW)

2:50 PM

 
Blogger Jake said...

Consider yourself prayed for. I think that that is a very good descripion of the life we live, by the way: humble servants, but servants of the highest authority, our God and King. Humble pride.

12:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home